Friday 19 August 2011

Introducing Tam Hare...

Have, Have not.

This work centres on social conditioning as a result of state ideological control. I am troubled by the contradictions I observe in current political and cultural positioning, my installation is a result of these issues.

The relentless film loop from It’s A Wonder Life conveyed to me the notion of ‘Innocence Lost’. The significance of this, on me as socially conditioned subject is what I am exploring through the work.

By combining personal recollections with the ‘collective consciousness’, I aim to express how my own notions of morality polarise with the shared social reality I experience. 

    From the series "Have, Have not." © Tam Hare

    From the series "Have, Have not." © Tam Hare

    From the series "Have, Have not" © Tam Hare

    From the series "Have, Have not." © Tam Hare

    From the series "Have, Have not." © Tam Hare


Tam Hare's Biography


As well as photography Tam Hare also integrates film, installation, photo collage, painting and printmaking into his practice. His recent work scrutinizes the political consequences of our ‘socialization’. Critical theory, literature and the cinema are integral aspects of his image making. His work is informed by, and adapts notions of the absurd into its subject matter.


Tam recently graduated from a BA honours degree in Film and Photography, and has exhibited in Edinburgh, London and most recently in Dublin, where a commercial gallery represents him. He frequently collaborates with other artists and is currently part of a working partnership.


Originally from Edinburgh, Tam lives and works in London.


website:  http://tamhare.blogspot.com               

e-mail:     tam_hare@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment